Old 28-09-2004, 02:35 PM
N. Woolley

Yes. I've seen lots this year. I'm between Camp Mabry & the 2222/Mopac
intersection. I have lantanas & other native plants in my yard. This
year I put in some wafer ash and I've noticed giant swallowtails around
those. I even had swallowtail caterpillars on one! They are so fantastic
- they look like bird droppings. Great camouflage.

-Nancy

Texensis wrote:
And there's a very good photo accompanying the piece in today's
Metro/State section. This is our second summer for seeing lots of them
in close-in south Austin. Passion flowers are not profuse, but there's
plenty of vine. Has anyone else been seeing these very handsome
butterflies? In what part of town? ......just wondering