Old 28-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Ann in Houston

Default ideas for patio surface

We are considering several ideas for the patio that will go up to and maybe
around the new pond that I have been posting about so much. DH picked up a
copy of "The Complete Patio and Deck Book" at Lowe's. It's a hard back book.
If you have it, or are in the store and they have one, look on page
twenty-nine in the lower left hand corner. There is a mosaic of some koi
with a kind of swirly-blue background so that it suggests a pond. It's
pretty, but they did the eyes of their fish so that it looks like a
flounder. We are thinking of using a black. rough outdoor tile or stone of
some kind, and do a mosaic of koi arranged around the perimeter of the pond
so that it makes a pretty border. It won't be a high traffic area, but
we'll still use a durable material for the tile pieces. I've listed this
link to pics before, but I'll do it here, too, in case anyone reading this
didn't see the other posts.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v176/Ann_in_Houston/
Since the pond is a black metal stock tank, I think the contrast of
materials will be pretty cool. We didn't bury it all the way, because we
have never regretted having the sides of the big pond raised a little bit.
Besides it really makes a difference in the digging. The supports for the
patio cover won't be black, but this will require a little thought to come
up with a color to make them look nice together and blend with the red
brick/cream colored eaves. Hmmmm.... something else to keep me awake at
night.