Old 23-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Ka30P" wrote in message
I'm just guessing but I'm assuming that a garden pond
keeper is more likely to find frogs and toads in the pond
rather than newts and salamanders.
And I'm thinking that newts and salamanders are more prevalent in suburbs

that
are more woodland in feel, where by design or happy accident, there are

more
woods, ferns, foresty areas than your more bulldoze it down and build it
suburbs that I think are more common in the West.

So a quick survey of current rec.ponders. How many of you have found newts

or
salamanders showing up in your pond?

Numerous frog varieties, and some toads. One snake. Many insects. no newts
or salamanders.

BV.