Old 26-09-2004, 12:01 AM
San Diego Joe

"Charles Samardza" wrote:

From what I've been reading this may be an unusual question.
I am a volunteer with an facility that is careing for some
non-releasable bird. Among these are 2 ducks. They have a
small(garden type) pond available to them, I'd estimate between 150
and 200 gallons. It is getting dirty quite fast and the pump/filter
we had just packed it in. The pump/filter we had was rated at 190 gph,
and was cleaned on a regular basis. Is the anyplace online, of from
your own knowledge to determine what we need to do to keep this pond
clean?

I don't have a good answer for you Charles. The problem, as you have already
found out is that ducks are notoriously dirty. If you're a duck its just
"poop, poop, poop" all day. I don't think a pond that small would ever be
able to host a pair of ducks without a daily cleaning. Is there a zoo or
something similar nearby that might take them?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.