Old 28-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Pam Moore

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:17:55 +0100, "Dave Henson"
wrote:

A neighbour's grapevine is growing over my back fence. They don't use the
grapes and have said I can help myself. Having made wine from various things
in the past I thought I might try my hand at the 'real' thing but I am
unsure as to the suitability of these grapes. I don't know what variety they
are and also whether they are big enough.

I picked a few small bunches of small grapes today. I'm going to eat
them. My wine making days are over!
Hard to tell what size yours are, though the photo with the hand makes
them look a reasonable size. However as others have said, size does
not matter for wine.
Mine are only a bit bigger than blackcurrants, and some have pips, but
they are quite sweet. Black Hamburg, so I'm told.
Strange thought; I eat grapes and spit about the pips BUT I go to
health food shop and buy pots of Grape Seed Extract capsules.

Pam in Bristol