Old 23-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Michael Persiano

In a message dated 9/23/2004 7:15:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
Also, my elm which is yet to be correctly identified but beleived to be
chinese elm, was root pruned heavily, still alive but not yet thrown leaves
from shoots. However a quick check a few hours ago revealed a good sign of
bud swell. I am confident it will live.
Any ideas on the maple? Has it and the elm suffered slight setback from
heavy rootpruning?
Other deciduous including an English Elm (I think) and Liquidamber have new
growth on them, all are in same environment. Also all deciduous trees in the
area have new growth.
Thanks for any help.
Andrew
Andrew:

It is not unusual for Elms to product leaves late in the season. However,
were both of these tree protected for the winter, i.e., placed under cover, or
were they left outside to face the elements. Frequent freeze-thaw cycles can
disrupt root pads and lead to this kind of problem.

Cordially,

Michael Persianio
members.aol.com/iasnob

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: