Old 29-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Absolutely right Sandy, and thanks for posting those links. I am a BGA
survivor
so I know what this stuff can do, it literally took over my tank and
covered EVERYTHING. Anyway, adding NO3 and PO4 in the correct relation
sorted the problem for me, but you're absolutely right, try everything until
something works, all our tanks are different so one of these methods should
work. Cheers for now.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

"Sandy Birrell" wrote in message
. ..
Happy'Cam'per wrote:
********.
Sandy, everything you said was true except for the anti-bacterial
agent. It can be erradicted using good husbandry (water quality) and
adding nutrients back that are missing, most notably NO3 and PO4. Try
it and see!

I don't have it anymore. I used to have it in both tanks till I got two
Plecs., now it is no more

The below was taken from here.

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/aboutphosphatepo4/

"Phosphate or PO4 is a prime food source of algae, particularly
cyanobacteria or slime forms."

I also found this which backs up your method.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~buddendo/aquar...dfield_eng.htm

This is worth a read.

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Algae/cyanobacteria.html

It seems we should try evrything and see what works for us

--

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--