View Single Post
  #10   Report Post  
Old 29-09-2004, 03:38 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2004
Smile

Hi

Thanks for replying! :-D

My "plot" is 150 feet ( not metres as I think I said earlier!) by 30ft at the top near the house and 12 dow nthe bottom. The bottom of the garden is very rough ground over grown by weeds but we have laid a lawn now, it is a winding "river" of grass with potential flower beds on either side and a compost area with a shed at the end of all that! About 20 feet is over gorwn at the bottom of the garden! The clay soil is VERY off putting but I can see the potential in the garden and I have this inner need to plant trees! I would love a bit of a "woodland glade" area. I also have a very small 4ft Acer palmatum that is in desperate need of shady shelter from both the sun and the wind.... I only hope my fern has weathered the sun this year!
I see from writing this that I need a lot of either large shrubs or trees ( I am tempted to by quite mature trees to plant immediately, what do you think!?) I have also thought abotu planting a few fruit trees too.

The wind is very off putting for planting things, I have pots of things waiting to go in and am terrifed that they get ruined by the wind! Do you think bamboos mind very windy weather!?

Diana