Old 24-09-2004, 08:42 PM
zookeeper

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Bill wrote Damn Squirrels, they're stealing all the creek stones from

around
my pond.

That's a new one!! I wonder what the heck they are doing with them?
This summer we watched a chipmunk steal napkins out of a napkin holder and

run
off with them. We figured he would have the coziest nest in Oregon this

winter.

We've also watched squirrels carrying away some very strange items:
soda bottle lids
swimming goggle straps
chunks that they gnawed out of purple, orange and green soft styrofoam pool
"noodle" floats
pieces of cardboard boxes and plastic lawn bags
plastic or glass decorative marbles and beads

Would love to see their decorated and insulated nests!!
--
zookeeper
Oregon, USDA Zone 7