Old 29-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Anthony Anson

The message
from Kay contains these words:

Good idea. Fruit is generally quite expensive, and fruit trees can be
decorative as well as productive. Can't advise on what would be good for
you there. But consider growing things that aren't so easily come by in
the shops - don't go for say Granny Smith and Cox apples, but try some
of the hundreds of other varieties.

Now I have my own place I plan having a family tree or two. There will
be Codling, Bramley, Charles Ross, Cox's Orange Pippin (not the
commercial Coxes which are nothing like the real thing), Russet, and one
or two more.

I'll probably start with a Bramley and a Codling and bud or graft the rest on.

--
Tony http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

God sends the meat, the Devil sends the cooks.