Old 30-09-2004, 01:37 AM
Lar

On 27 Sep 2004 20:19:02 GMT, (Twobtold)
wrote:

I've been informed by a landscaper to apply Merit granules in the spring
to combat scale that is attacking my shrubs (Rhododendron and Andromeda, top
branches are turning black).
Doing a Google search shows Merit Systemic Insecticide Granules used to
control grubs in lawns.
My questions: Is Merit the right thing to apply? Where can I buy it if it
is appropriate? I went to Home Depot and they do not have it. Local nursery
does not carry it either.

Imidacloprid granules are listed on the the labels to use for scale,
but I would think a liquid application would show quicker results. I
forget what the Home Depot type stores "home name" for their product
that contains Imidacloprid are, but you may look at the true nurseries
for products of Merit II or Merit Wp or Marathon WP, which are
apllied as a liquid (if they aren't resticted use products). You
might also look at Pest control "supply houses" that may also sell to
the public.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

While looking in the mirror a bit ago,
I noticed that I look more like myself