Old 30-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Tumbleweed

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Brian Watson wrote:
[...]
I have it in mind to lay them on top of a tannalised wood framework
which has been topped off with a metal mesh so as to get water away
as quickly as possible.

Whether that will be enough remains to be seen, as does how they

and
their adhesive stand up to sunlight, as you say.

What about their water-retention, though? If I understand the things
correctly, they're on a waterproof backing.

Thanks (I've not bought 'em yet). I may have to drill a few holes!

But I hope you'll let us know the results: an interesting experiment.

Thanks again. I came to it by having a place in the garden where carpet
tiles would seem to be a good solution except for it being an
apparently-daft idea that I'd never heard anyone trying before!

Having discovered that sand in varnish makes a good non-slip treatment for
decking I thought I'd try this oddball idea and see if THAT works.

what about the artificial grass surfaces you can get? Like carpet but with a
grassy look (to a fashion) and texture, perhaps a very short type of that.
Meant for outdoors use, & could be pressure washed. No idea where to buy it
but I know it comes in fairly wide rolls.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address