Old 30-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Oxymel of Squill

I put all kitchen stuff in mine, including onion and lemon, torn up egg
boxes are apprently v tasty too so I add those. And a helping of dead leaves
and grass cuttings in season. I don't add egg shells, (I don't even compost
them as they never seem to break up).

Mine is in a little bower all of its own, fairly sheltered by a wall and
hedge, but I have wrapped a bit of bubble wrap round it when I've been away
over Xmas just in case.

Make sure you open the tap regularly as a surprising amount of liquid
strains out. I leave the tap permanently open over a plastic bottle.

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I have ordered a worm bin.
I would welcome any advice on what NOT to put in (eg citrus? onion?)
and how to keep it protected through the winter, as it will be
outdoors, unless I put it in a dark garage.
Any other hints and tips?
TIA

Pam in Bristol