Old 30-09-2004, 12:21 PM
oknwht?

On 9/29/04 9:57 PM, in article , "Michelle
Fulton" wrote:
snip...a big one...
Hold it! Have you identified the critters...for sure?? To figure out their
life cycle, just what they are needs to be determined. They may even be
harmless...now that would be a bonus!!!

No,I have yet to see a creature, so am sure they are inside the logs. They
were producing sawdust poop at an alarming rate. My imagination has run
away with me, thinking of my house frame ending up as bug poop :-o They may
have been erradicated or gone into pupae stage (or whatever you call it). I
did email the county ag extension, but they haven't responded, and I just
don't have the time to take samples to them and all.

Well, OK. But my suggestion is to get someone to help out. A
neighbour...someone down the street....next door...a class mate...anyone!!
Who is willing to split the wood and find a 'critter'. Maybe there are no
critters. Someone did mention a harmless 'bug' that gets in between the bark
and the wood leaving 'sawdust'...that 'bug' may be harmless to the structure
of your home. That at least will allow you to keep the firewood. A fire
place fire is nice as you know....

Life will be simpler soon. There is light at the end of the tunne. I keep
telling myself these things, in hope that I will believe it and it will come
true :-)

Life is never simple but a light at the end of the tunnel means there are
better times ahead. It also means that you have accomplished much...that is
what provides the light!! Believe it or not.

Good luck in your exams.

Thanks! Some good, some not so good, but that's balance, right :-)

Yup. Build on your successes and work on the others...
Take care
Good luck with the bug problem...maybe it is no bug at all...get some
help... Some local help...CIAO