Old 30-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay contains these words:

Which Codling and which Russet do you have in mind?

Dunno. The codling is pale green, slightly waxy, and typically more
pointed towards the calyx. It matures to a pale golden colour.

Nor have I any idea which russet - though I know where I'm going to get
the bud from!

My father has Keswick Codling, with *huge* fruits which bake to a light
fluff - I like it a lot, but I don't know that it's particularly well
thought of.

Sounds good. The one I had in mind has fruits about the size of James Grieve.

I have a Brownlees Russet, good taste and very pink flowers, very
attractive in spring. Rosemary Russet also receives a lot of favourable
comment.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/