Old 30-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Roy

Just from a manufacturers standpoint the way they do things today is
that its probably the same product that is just packaged and marketed
a different way. Most manuf. today have virtually eliminated multiple
production lines to make similar products and have cut down to one
line that will handle all of the cut lines as well. Then packaging and
marketing is conducted topuch this one item out the door into the
market place and cover all the eliminated products as well. Just like
motor oil, The Tech2000 stuff is actually made by Penzoil, and is
Penzoil, thats just bottled in Wal Mart brand bottles labeld Tech2000
oil.........multitudes of products are handled this way. One product,
multiple labels. Saves manufacturing costs and inventory for the
makers and they can cover a more diverse field of applications and
keep the consumer in the dark with skepticism and uncertainty. Its
what makes the world go around and profits up!

If it worked in years past without any known problems why worry about
it now. Afterall if they can get 30 cents a foot for roofing stuff,
and know darn full well they can;'t get 50 cents a foot for it in the
roofing commnumity, but know with a different label on the same
identical product they can get the 50 cents a foot from ponders,
would you not also capitolize on that market area for the sake of a
different label and not have to run additonal production lines and
inventory? Yep, you sure would, its called being market / manuf. /
business savy!
Bottom line is we will never really know unless a Quality Control or
Firestone chemist defects from Firestone and lets the cat out of the
bag!

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:14:35 GMT, wrote:

===the whole debate "evolved"... first there was the anti-fungus, then anti-bacterial,
===then anti-algae, then curing. the fact is there has been no difference in the health
===of fish in ponds made from roofing vs pond liner.
===the number of people new to ponds who overstocked, didnt watch ammonia levels or made
===other serious mistakes were evenly divided between ponds made of roof vs pond safe
===epdm.
===Ingrid
===
===
==="Gale Pearce" wrote:
===Firestone said themselves there is a difference in the "curing "process -
===ergo not fish safe - this was posted a while back on this group - if you
===want I will see if I can find the letter and repost it if you can't find it
===and yes I know many people have used roofing epdm without a problem
=== Gale :~)
===
===
===~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
===List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
===
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
===www.drsolo.com
===Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame
===Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
===compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the
===endorsements or recommendations I make.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.