Old 30-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Derek Broughton

Crashj wrote:

On 29 Sep 2004 17:48:59 GMT,
(John) wrote:

No, really.

With Jan's encouragement I built a skippy filter.

Irrigation system went off on schedule last night. Washed some of the
almost-dry black paint off the styrofoam and into the pond.
*expletives*

will the fish still swim in
this continuum or float to the top on their way to the next?

Nah, latex means milk, right? Natural product. Smell it? Ammonia,
right?

Hmmm. Yes, the name comes from 'milk', but that's because latex is the
milky-looking sap of the rubber tree. Still, I'm not at all sure that
there's anything natural left in latex paint.

Whether it will have any toxicity depends on how much it had dried before
washing into the pond. Latex itself isn't toxic, but the liquid it's
suspended in is, at least, unhealthy (and what exactly is in that differs
from paint to paint).
--
derek