Old 30-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Daniel Avrin

In a message dated 9/30/2004 3:07:02 PM Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

2 weeks ago I got a new bonsai, a ficus benjamina. I reppoted it in a
deeper pot and cut and trimmed some roots. I put it in my room...which has
a lot of sun and can get very warm. However I dont think the tree liked
it...as almost all its leaves have fallen..about 10 or so remain and these
are turning yellow. I'm really afraid it will die...so I moved it to
another..cooler, less sunny room this morning. Can anyone tell me how I
can prevent the tree from dying and how I can help it adapt?

Yes. Stop moving it. Ficus benjamina are notorious for disliking change.
They respond by dropping all their leaves. Put it back in the warmer,
sunnier location and LEAVE IT ALONE. It will releaf causing you a great deal of
relief. ;-) Don't overwater in the winter and it should be fine.

Best Regards,
Daniel Avrin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate
intensity."
THE SECOND COMING by W.B. Yeats

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --