Old 30-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Robert E A Harvey

novocastria wrote
The wind is very off putting for planting things, I have pots of things
waiting to go in and am terrifed that they get ruined by the wind! Do
you think bamboos mind very windy weather!?

Well, I;d wait until the end of March, when hopefully the worst should
be over and let things get well established. You can get willow
hurdles quite cheaply which will make a temporary windbreak while
things get established.

I'd definitely think about fruit trees, as many as you think you can
squeeze in. There is a long tradition of apples, pears, plums out
where you live. Make sure you get a mixture that will polinate each
other.

Then an oak, or a field maple, in one corner. The oak will grow
really slowly, the field maple very quickly.