Old 30-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Ray

Yep. In the vast majority of occurrences, if an inflorescence emerges from
the crown of a phal, it will end up dying. On occasion, a basal growth will
form, but that seems rare, in my experience,

..
"Xi Wang" wrote in message
Hi,

I don't think there is a rule about where exactly new spikes emerge from,
except that they generally emerge somewhere under a leaf or next to one.
If
a spike grows out of the center crown, that's bad, but other than that
it's
ok.

Why is it bad if it's a coronal growth? Does it interfere with the growth
of new leaves?

Cheers,
Xi