Old 01-10-2004, 01:46 AM
Steve wachs

That's what makes chinese Elms such an excellent bonsai. it buds on any wood, becuase the nodes are so close and numerous. Yu have accept this and just consider it part of general maintenence, just as you do weeding and general tree care. If you remove the new growth right away , there shouldn't be any scarring.

this species is throwing a shoot from a particular point/node. I have cut it time and again even with a sharp concave cutter but it just appears after a few weeks. It is that of the regular Chinese elm with big leaves. How should I get rid of it?.
--
SteveW
Long Island NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++