Old 26-09-2004, 04:11 AM
Roy

On 25 Sep 2004 15:35:33 -0700, (Charles Samardza)
wrote:

===From what I've been reading this may be an unusual question.
===I am a volunteer with an facility that is careing for some
===non-releasable bird. Among these are 2 ducks. They have a
===small(garden type) pond available to them, I'd estimate between 150
===and 200 gallons. It is getting dirty quite fast and the pump/filter
===we had just packed it in. The pump/filter we had was rated at 190 gph,
===and was cleaned on a regular basis. Is the anyplace online, of from
===your own knowledge to determine what we need to do to keep this pond
===clean?

It does not take many ducks to foul even a 1 acre pond. I donl;t thnk
your gonna do much in the line of filter and pump in such as small
quanity of water in regards to keeping it half way decent. BTW a duck
does not need water. They like water but do not have to have access to
it for swiming and playing........all they really need is drinking
water, so IMHO I would not wory about the pond , and keep em out of it
and supply water for drinking not swimming in. Been there done that
with raising ducks, and today was officially my last day dabbling in
poultry. Last truck load of my old feathered friends left earlier this
morning......All I have is my favorite peafowl left............
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.