Old 26-09-2004, 06:30 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"Grandpa" wrote in message
I started my first pond and live in Canada. The leaves are dropping fast
and soon it will be well below freezing. My pond is about 1.5 meters deep,
but that will freeze solid by mid November here. I have a 75 gallon tank
which I hope will hold my first year fish consisting of 3 gold fish and 1
koi.

I'm in the same process.... though I have till mid-October before the
leaves start to fall.... and then it is only if the wind is hard enough to
shake them loose.

I only bring in my fantail goldfish, as winter can sometimes be hard on
them.

In my case, I can't haul 55 gallons of pond water around to the aquarium,
so I'll be setting the pH to what the pond is, and the temp as close to or
a little higher than the pond. I'll probably salt dip them, and bring them
in over a span of time, 1 every week most likely.

Today we are taking in a bunch of goldfish and maybe a couple of large
plecos to the pet store, wanting to cull the herd. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~