Old 01-10-2004, 02:45 PM
bigboard

Cat wrote:

My mother-earth sister, who is into all things green and environmentally
conscious, recently commented that I should not compost news print and
other printed paper, because of the lead in the ink.
I bring most of my waste printed paper to the recycling centre, but have
used shredded printed paper and newspaper in the compost heap.
What do experienced composters think?

She was right twenty years ago! It's fine to use these in your compost now.

--
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you
really make them think they'll hate you.