Old 01-10-2004, 09:19 PM
zookeeper

MC, check out RTB's raised cover at his web site. A board or PVC pipe frame
may not be as difficult as you might think. There are other web sites that
demonstrate functional frames for different types / sizes / shapes of ponds.
Try Googling rec.ponds or the web. (If I hadn't been hit with a couple
viruses over the past 2 years, I could give you lots of links, but ...)
Actually skip the googling, and check BV's web site,
http://www.iheartmypond.com . [BV: send commission royalties fees to Zk,
;-) ]
HTH
--
Zk
Oregon, USDA Zone 7

"MC" wrote in message
om...
... That aside, I have an odd shaped
pond with ground on some sides and raised flower beds on another. This
would make a raised cover much more difficult than throwing a couple
of boards together to make a frame.

"RichToyBox" wrote in message news:2yH6d.47864$He1.25742@attbi_s01...
Having the cover suspended, but fully enclosing the pond area, creates a
dead air space above the pond. Still air is a good insulator ...
--
RichToyBox