Old 02-10-2004, 02:40 AM
Mark Herbert

In article ,
"Cereus-validus" wrote:

Run for your life!!!

Its a sunflower, Helianthus annuus!!!!

Are you SURE that that is not a triffid??!!!

"Warren" wrote in message
This spring I planted a bed of lilies. Nothing else.

A year and a half ago, the spot that they're on was trying to be part of
the lawn, but was failing. It was mostly dandelions. I used Round-up on
the weeds, and a week later after they withered, I scalped all the grass
and weeds, covered with newspaper, and a good 3" of bark mulch.

When I dug the area up for the lilies, the newspaper was about 75%
decomposed, but the soil was clay. I added some compost, and tilled it
in. I suspect that my interloper seed was in the compost. But what is
it?

http://www.holzemville.com/1/what_is_it.html

TIA

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Efficiently gather leaves from your lawn:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...r/blowers.html