Old 02-10-2004, 03:02 AM
Warren

Cereus-validus wrote:
Run for your life!!!

Its a sunflower, Helianthus annuus!!!!

Damn. I knew it was something unusual, and to be feared.

Are you sure? Shouldn't the bloom face east, not due west? And the spot
it is growing in hasn't been dug since early April. Could it have taken
root after being deposited on top of an inch or two of bark mulch? Or
would it be so late in the season if it was under the mulch?

It just doesn't seem like a sunflower would be coming up so late in the
season, and facing the wrong direction. Of course I haven't purposely
grown them, and the ones that sprout around the bird feeder that sprout
(and few actually do), bloomed two months ago, faced east or south, and
were much smaller.

But if that's the verdict, then that's the verdict. And I'm going to
have to round-up the neighborhood fowl and fauna to find out who the
guilty party is.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Efficiently gather leaves from your lawn:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...r/blowers.html