Old 07-02-2003, 02:56 AM
jammer

Default Water Hyacinth

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:14:09 -0600, "Phyllis and Jim Hurley"
wrote:

They can in fact survive a light freeze. (Ours do. In fact, we leave them
out all winter...tho the pond does not ice over.) They will sit still til
things begin to warm up seriously. I would wait until near the last frost
to put them out.

We strip the dead leaves off the plants at the start of the year.

Good luck.

Jim

I looked under the screens into my pond today. (zone 7dallas) My
hyacinths are dead and appear to be rotting. I still won't pull them
out because they are tied to something i sank and i don't want to
disturb my fish. (The cold ones who hate my guts about now) But i can
see they are gonzo......on the other hand, my primrose and water
celery (i think) are green and doing fine. When spring really hits, i
am going to be in a panic to find tadpoles and plants.

jammer