Old 02-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Ross Reid

"My side" wrote:

My first time for this veggie. I planted some tubers from the nursery. They
are now a 10 -12 foot tall 'forest' which has been tied to a deck railing.
We are going away for 2 months during which they may get some frost. Is
there any further steps to take?

Quick! Dig them all up right now! Get every last little piece, before
they take over your whole yard, and you can't find your house.
Seriously, frost won't hurt them, just leave them in the ground and
they'll be fine. But, I was only half joking above, they will multiply
like crazy.
Also, be aware, no matter how you prepare them, they will produce the
mother of all flatulence.

Ross.
To email, remove the obvious from my address.