Old 03-10-2004, 12:39 AM
B.Server

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:50:15 GMT, "Texensis"
wrote:

And there's a very good photo accompanying the piece in today's
Metro/State section. This is our second summer for seeing lots of them
in close-in south Austin. Passion flowers are not profuse, but there's
plenty of vine. Has anyone else been seeing these very handsome
butterflies? In what part of town? ......just wondering

I have seen a few in the past two weeks. At home, roughly where Nancy
mentioned (Mabry x 2222& MoPac) and on the patio at Triumph Cafe
(Spicewood Sprgs between MoPac and Mesa)

There seem to be quite a lot of both black and giant swallowtails this
year. The giant swallowtails like my mandarines and kaffir limes
while the black ones have left their chysalis on everything from
cilantro to parsley.