Old 03-10-2004, 02:26 AM
St. George

Default Broad beans

Hi,

New to this NG and also gardening.

The house we have moved to has an abandoned vegetable patch which I have
double dug twice (previous owner told me there was buried treasure - and I
believed him) and have dug in household compost and good quantity of rotten
stable manure.
Currently the plot has green manure, mustard etc., growing.

We would like to grow some early broad beans and are seeking advice as to
what varieties and when to sow etc.
Apart from a catch crop (next Spring ?) we would like to crop at regular
intervals.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

LenBo, Weston-Souppppppper-Mare, Summmmmmmmerset.