Old 03-10-2004, 02:39 PM
W Dale

Well, here in Colorado Springs, the Peak is covered with snow, my lawns
are starting to be not as green and not growing as fast, it is dropping
down into the high 30's and leaves are falling off everything! As I
drive the back county roads to work, I often drive through this
beautiful ground fog and you cannot see the feet of the horses grazing
in the fields. And since the sun is just peeping over the horizon,
there are long shadows. And temps in the 40's and 50's. A beautiful
sight indeed! And a sign of winter for us. That and the few feet of
snow in the mountain towns already. :-) :-) .

Nedra wrote:

I've been looking for winterish signs and darned if I can find any here in
Eastern
Missouri. The squirrels are active but no more so than in summer. Moreover
there are no squirrel nests up high in the trees. Also, I'm still finding
the outer
shells of black walnuts all over the place. I know it's only the first
week
in October but still ..... Leaves are still on the trees and are still
Green!
Anyone else noticed any winter signs?

Nedra