Old 03-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Janet Galpin

The message
from Janet Baraclough.. contains
these words:

The message
from "David Pearson" contains these words:

Hi,

How do I clean the sticky resin from a cut conifer,
from my hands? The only effective cleaner I have found
is methylated spirit, but I suffer from dry skin already,
so that is not ideal.

I recommend Beeline Professional Painters Hand Cleanser, available by
post from Screwfix whose excellent catalogue you can find on the web. It
cleans just about anything from your hands but is completely gentle on
the skin.

There's another product you might like called something like
"invisible glove", available from Lakeland Plastics iirc..it's a
greaseless protective lotion cleanser you rub on your hands before
starting messy jobs. I've tried both and prefer the Beeline stuff.

Janet.

Do either of these work with the general ingrained garden grime and
vegetable dye which puts itself into the many crevices of dry neglected
skin? Every Sunday evening I attempt to get my hands ready for
re-entering mainstream respectable society, but each week fail
spectacularly. I've tried soaking in neat bleach, but my sons have made
me promise not to do that any more!
Janet G