Old 03-10-2004, 03:13 PM
S. M. Henning

(Chris Bridges) wrote:

After three hurricanes in a row, we suddenly have more room in our
yard than we did before, but I want to put my trees back. I'm looking
for a book or website that allows me to browse by zones.

I'm in hardiness zone 9 and heat zone 9. So far none of the books or
sites has offered what I want and I'm starting to feel unloved. Can
anyone help?

Zone 9 encompasses swamps and deserts. Trees don't depend just on zone,
they depend upon climate also.

Try:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/EP/EP01800.pdf
Fact Sheet ENH-22 "Ornamental Trees for South Florida"

http://www.treelink.org/linx/?navSubCatRef=34
Selecting Trees

http://www.agen.ufl.edu/~foodsaf/dh103.html
How to Select and Plant a Tree

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/pdf/hil-637.pdf
Small Trees for NC

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/pdf/hil-638.pdf
Large Trees for NC

http://www.wmeco.com/programs/pdf/wmeco_treesshrubs.pdf
Trees & Shrubs for your Community

http://www.aufa.com/pdfs/tree-guide.pdf
Final Tree Brochure

Also contact your County Extension Service (County Agent).

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman