Old 03-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:48:43 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 14:44:43 GMT, "Sue" wrote:

........ how can I protect my outside tap from freezing up?

Turn off the supply to it and then drain it.

I have trouble with this also. I turn off the inside tap, leave the
outside tap open, but it does not drain. The pipe goes down on the
wall, outside. (inside tap is in loft) I have lagged pipe and
outside tap and it has not frozen since I did this ( after several
years of having to have bits of pipe replaced because of bursts).
This is because the outside pipe does not drain. I'd welcome any tips
on how to do this.
I've also wrapped the tap itself in bubble wrap.

Pam in Bristol