Old 04-10-2004, 12:35 AM
WPB

Default About to plant tulips....SNAILS!

Hello, all: First of all, I'm a VERY amateur gardner having bought my first
house about six weeks ago. Most of my gardening experience has been
marigolds in an apartment balcony flower box. So I'm very grateful for any
suggestions.

I have a plot about 6 feet by 4 feet at the front of my house. Covered
with some sort of weeds that I dug up. I want to plant a nice tulip
selection I bought. But there are snails in the soil. Can I just plant
the bulbs tomorrow and ignore the snails? Sprinkle salt a la Gary Larsen's
Far Side? Or beer?

I'm ready to plant, but am a bit nervous about the snails. I bow to
everyone's expertise in these matters.

Thanks so much!

David in Toronto