Old 04-10-2004, 02:07 AM
Warren

RJ wrote:
As a northern veggie gardener,
it was always dissapointing when an early frost
would kill off the tomato plants.....
( full of tomatoes, of course )

I had dreamed that in places like Calif,
with no killer frost, tomatoes would be perennials.

Even in perfect weather, tomatoes are annuals. Depending on the
varriety, the actual length of time they're productive may be longer
with perfect weather, but other varrieties will have a short fruiting
timeframe, and that's it.

If the weather is right, you can stagger the starting time of plants so
you can have some fruiting all the time, but they're still going to die.
They're annuals, not perenials.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Fahrenheit 9/11 ships 10/5. Order your copy now:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/911.html