Old 04-10-2004, 04:32 AM
Richard Cline

In article , WPB
wrote:

Make a habit of going out early in the morning and picking up all the
snails you can find. Put them in a plasic bag and seal it shut in the
garbage. If you do this for a week you will find that the snails almost
disappear. An occasional patrol will keep them under control. Snails
do not bite.

Dick

Hello, all: First of all, I'm a VERY amateur gardner having bought my
first
house about six weeks ago. Most of my gardening experience has been
marigolds in an apartment balcony flower box. So I'm very grateful for
any
suggestions.

I have a plot about 6 feet by 4 feet at the front of my house. Covered
with some sort of weeds that I dug up. I want to plant a nice tulip
selection I bought. But there are snails in the soil. Can I just plant
the bulbs tomorrow and ignore the snails? Sprinkle salt a la Gary
Larsen's
Far Side? Or beer?

I'm ready to plant, but am a bit nervous about the snails. I bow to
everyone's expertise in these matters.

Thanks so much!

David in Toronto