Old 04-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Doug Kanter

"paghat" wrote in message
news
So why did Kerry make that crap up about Bush cutting by
35% funding to clean up stockpiled nuclear weapons in Russia? Bush has
done so many things that range from bad to downright evil, but he didn't
do that one. Why toss in a criticism that has no basis in fact?

Poke around www.nti.org for more info on the questions you asked. Although
the subject haunts me (as it should EVERYONE), I haven't read extensively
enough to respond to your questions. But, my surface understanding is that
the rounding up of stray nuclear materials has been on the backburner for no
good reason, at least based on what we hear from Bush. I suspect the reason
is that Bush would be able to discuss the issue publicly without botching
the names of former Soviet republics.