Old 04-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "alan holmes" dont.bother.see.sig@bottom contains these words:
"limey" wrote in message

This is the fifth year of attempting to grow rhubarb. Once the summer
heat
arrives it suffers. That's what is happening now. Looks like it's
frozen
rhubarb for me from now on. Sign me "Discouraged".

You should stop pulling rhubarb when the gooseberries are over. My
rhybarb was put in as a very small crown this spring, and now folollops
across more than five feet, leaftip to leaftip.

I haven't pulled a stick this year, but next year...

Try watering it now and again.

You can't easily overwater rhubarb.

I've never had any trouble with mine.

Nor I. In hot dry weather it gets about eight or ten gallons of water a
day. In wet weather, it gets even more, as it's planted right over the
soakaway for the run-off of roof water.

ISTR that rhubarb is properly a marsh plant.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/