Old 04-10-2004, 04:57 PM
FACE

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:24:02 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
in rec.gardens wrote:

Don't attempt to cut that one yourself. If it falls to touch the power
line, and earths it, you could be seriously hurt. When we had that
situation the power company's contractor did the job, with the power
turned off.(It's done free, here. YMMV)

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Yes, it is free here too if the tree is
touching the line. In the past I have taken advantage of that. :-)

This line is carrying either 440 or 880 AC from the street which is stepped
down to either 220 or 110. The wire is heavily insulated and twined around
a steel cable. Those are serious voltages.

FACE