Old 04-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Ken Oaf

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:34:30 GMT, "The Lady Gardener"
wrote:

Oh dear, oh dear.

During one of my more vague moments about a month ago I've mixed up a brew
of Lebaycid and sprayed about 50 azaleas to control thrip. The thrip does
seem to have gone, but a few (very large, very mature) of the azaleas are
now looking a bit peaky. Having gone back (with glasses this time) to read
the label on the bottle properly I spied a bottle of Confidor and had a
lightning bolt like flash of recognition that this is the chemical I should
have used.

Both labels state to control thrip on ornamentals. Will the lebaycid harm
the azaleas? Might there be some other cause of their droopiness?

Lebaycid is fine for azaleas. I use it all the time.

In fact, I think it is better than Confidor when it comes to the control of lace
bug and red spider mite, both of which attack azaleas in the warmer months.