Old 04-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Paul Giverin

In message , Kay
writes

I think it's unnecessary. Most of your heat loss will be through walls
and top, so thick layer of bubble wrap, as you're proposing, is the best
thing you can do. Ceiling tiles are too fragile to walk on, and you will
want to be in there through the winter to see what is happening, and
clear any dying foliage, and from early spring when you start sowing.

The main cold problem is the cold air outside moving past the greenhouse
- the earth acts as a giant storage heater, so putting an insulating
layer between it and the greenhouse is not necessarily a good idea.

Thanks again Kay. I'll clean out the old compost I give it a try bare.

--
Paul Giverin