Old 04-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Mike Lyle

Pam Moore wrote:
On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:40:58 GMT, oknwht?
wrote:

Does anyone have experience in propagating cedar 'twigs'? I

want
to start a new hedge. I believe the process is just stick them in
the ground and wait until they generate roots...

What variety of cedar are you proposing using? I've never tried it
but I would not think cedar would take from cuttings in the way of
more common conifers like cupressus etc. The ones I have ( in

pots)
are grafted.

They come very easily from ripe seed. Do they make good hedging
plants, though? I don't think I've ever seen a cedar hedge.

Mike.