Old 05-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Neil Tonks

I second that - both petrol and lighter fuel give off lots of explosive
vapour which can easily ignite.

Swarfega hand cleaner (sold in DIY stores and car accessory shops) ahould
shift it, though you'll have to work it into your hands really well to get
the last traces off.

Neil,

"anton" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"David Pearson" wrote in message
Hi,

How do I clean the sticky resin from a cut conifer,
from my hands? The only effective cleaner I have found
is methylated spirit, but I suffer from dry skin already,
so that is not ideal.

Have you tried surgical spirit, ordinary petrol or lighter fuel?

Please don't suggest that anyone put petrol on their hands- it contains
benzene, for instance, which is really not nice.

--
Anton