Old 05-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Will Cook

Mark Craver wrote:
I have some landscaple plans that call for Iteca (?) a.k.a. Virginia
Sweetspire. I looked for it in the spring, and everyone said it was
too early for it to be available. Now, everyone seems to be sold out
of it. I appear to have missed a very narrow opportunity to purchase
it. Does anyone know where I can get some in the Raliegh/Cary/Apex
area for a reasonable price? Thanks!!!

I got an e-mail message from Tony Cottle --
"Earthworks at the North Carolina State Farmer's Market has Itea 'Henry's
Garnet'.
$6 for one gallon containers.
Come see us."

I bought one from Niche Gardens several years ago -- looks like they still
have it, for $12:
http://www.nichegardens.com/catalog/list.php?offset=203

It's a beautiful shrub:
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/trees/itvi.html