Old 05-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Grubber

"deepeddygirl" wrote in message
I've got something visiting my yard at night, digging holes in the grass
and in my raised beds. It appears that it is eating grubs or something
that can be found 2-4" below the surface. I'm all about leaving things
alone and maintaining a healthy ecosystem in my yard, but after 2
months, I'm starting to get annoyed!

I have a dog, but she sleeps inside. I was hoping her urine smell would
keep the thing away, but no go. Any tips on getting it to move to
someone else's yard?

I've got a squirrel digging similar holes to 'plant' acorns and pecans. My
none-too-bright dog occasionally notices and chases the squirrel so I've got
a number of little unfilled holes around the yard. Most of the time the dog
is staring up into a tree while the squirrel goes about his work behind the
dog's back.