Old 05-10-2004, 03:46 PM
David J Bockman

A spritz of pure white vinegar will melt them in short order.

Dave

"Jenny" wrote in message
It's been a wet summer. (Understatement.)

We have a thick layer of wood chip mulch on parts of our new property

which
we haven't gotten around to landscaping (translation: cannot begin to

afford
to landscape yet.)

It's come up in stinkhorn mushrooms which have to be the single grossest
thing that can grow in your garden.

They look exactly like penises. It's surreal to have a patch of them greet
you first thing in the morning. Even worse, they deserve their name as

they
really do stink. The stench wafts over my flower bed, wiping out the odor
of my lovely new rose which has finally gotten it together to bloom.

I've tried raking the mulch with a metal rake and getting rid of

everything
I can get at, but it isn't helping.

How can I get rid of these nasty intruders?

-- Jenny