Old 05-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Jimbo

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Gus" wrote in message
Each evening I put out chestnuts for the local squirrel. The bowel

can
hold 8 mixed size chestnuts.

I would have thought that the bowel of a aquirrel would be quite a lot
smaller in volume than that of 8 chestnuts. {:-))

Each morning I noticed that only a small
number were taken. I decided to put out 7, in the morning 3 were

left.
The next morning I put out 6, it left 2. For the last week I have

put
out 5, it always leaves one taking only 4. This raises the

questions;
why does this squirrel only take 4 chestnuts? can this squirrel

count?
It takes them away one at a time.

This sounds interesting. What happens if you repeat the sequence a
few times?

Franz

The little critter is a lot smarter than we are. "If it works well--don;t

abuse it"