Old 05-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Rusty Mase

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:28:06 GMT, deepeddygirl
wrote:

yeahbut aren't grubs and earthworms a sign of good soil? I didn't know I
could put something down to eliminate them. I'll look it up.

Yes, they both are, aerating and turning the soil, etc.. I would just
ignore the armadillo as some motorist will likely eliminate the
armadillo in the near future. Having a good soil biota is more
important. But you can possibly eliminate the grubs with "Milky
Spore" products. These are available locally I believe and I think
they are considered an organic solution.

How would you trap the damn thing anyway?

I caught one armadillo by the tail many years ago and the outcome for
both of us was unpleasant - no damage - it just scared the both of us
pretty seriously. So do not try that as they are very strong and very
committed to escaping.

I would recommend that you ignore it and let nature take its course.
Kick in the dirt from the holes they dig and the grass will grow back.

Rusty Mase